Sunday 14 October 2012

The Long Run - some learnings

Some interesting hydration facts learnt on my Saturday long run. With my S-Lab pack, I have 1.5L of electrolytes and I have found that this is not enough to keep me hydrated on a 3.5 hour hilly run in 20deg C at slow pace. I started the run with clear pee and found that 500ML each hour was not enough to keep me hydrated - my pee turned browny yellow after 2 hours. I needed to stop at a tap and find another 500ML water to consume. Perhaps there are other physiological facts at play here but the fact remains that it appears that I need to consume more like 750ml per hour, so that is what I will aim for in the future.

Here are some photos of the run...the Gibberagong trail has this sign on it...
 A beautiful sight...
 The trail, (which is need of a bit of maintenance)...
 The Brush Turkeys were everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment