Sunday 18 November 2012

A history lesson - with a little trundle

A late Sunday morning start - 5:45. Had to be home by 8:30am, which meant that I had to make sure I was very accurate with my map directions as the Blue Mountains can get a little tricky to navigate. The trail started at Mount York rd near Mum's place and had 5kms of road & trail till I got to the first sign below.


Then I descended down to about 600m above sea level to Lawson's Long Alley. This is usually a 5 hour round trip but at a steady 5:45 pace it is about 1hr 15 min. A slightly technical & not too taxing decent which follows the first mail carriage ascent of the Western escarpment of the Blue Mountains in 1823. A fantastic trail that I have not run since 2009.


The trail then winds past The Comet Inn in Little Hartley and back up Lawsons Long Alley, back to Mount York Rd and then home.


 The Magic Explorers wishing chair below at the end of Mount York Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment